Sunday, October 18, 2009

Family Visits

I realize this blog was intended to be about running, hiking and skiing, but as my exercise at this point in time consists of small walks and carrying around a 6 pound baby, for the time being, you'll just have to put up with posts about our new life with Sam :-) I promise there will be talk about running, hiking and skiing soon enough! I am already looking forward to my first run next month, especially now that I can move around better and without much pain ;-)

This past week, my parents have stayed in Brunswick and came over every day to help us out around the house, watch and hold Sam, cook dinner for us and generally support us. A huge thank you to them for all their help! It was awesome, and we really appreciate it!


Mom and Sam

They also went over to my aunt's house and picked my grandmother, Mim, up for a visit this week. Sam loved hanging out with her great-grandmother and Mim was in fine spirits for the whole time.


Visiting with Mim

We also had a wonderful visit yesterday with Ryan's parents and grandparents. Sam didn't get put down for a second, and truly enjoyed Great-Grammie's singing and hanging out in Great-Bampie's lap! Thanks to Irene and Dana for making the trip happen :-) We loved seeing you all!


Hanging out with Great-Grammie and Great-Bampie

But as of tomorrow, we will be on our own, and the week should be fairly quiet. We have really enjoyed having everyone visit and help out, and hope we'll do OK without the extra help, but are also looking forward to settling into a routine with just the three of us. With Ryan working at home for the next few weeks, things will be much easier for me next week as I continue to heal. Even after only a week, he is already a great dad and has been really involved in helping out with feedings, diaper changings, calming Samantha, cleaning, etc. He even purchased an adorable (albeit huge) onesie for her during a quick trip to Target the other day. She has him wrapped around her finger already :-)


Ryan's first impulse buy for Sam

And today, he gave Sam the majority of her second bath this morning, and now she is all sparkly clean.



Bath time!

As I write, Ryan is holding Sam on his lap on the couch, watching football. He says her first words are going to be "nickle defense" or "shotgun formation" if he can help it. Oh my!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure I'm not the only one who loves reading about baby Sam and doesn't miss the posts about running, etc. one bit when there is news of new-family-life and pictures of a beautiful baby girl instead!!

Shannon

mindy said...

Glad you're feeling better and I'm sure you're excited to get out for a run next week. Love all the updates and pictures (and that Ryan is wearing an apron for the bath - good idea!). Hope to see you soon.

N.D. said...

aww so tiny!! how cute!!