Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Last Week

Assuming all goes as currently planned and the little lady doesn't turn, this is my last week as just "me." I mean, she's been with me for the past 39 weeks, but I've still just been Danielle. But come Friday, that will change. I feel an amazing mixture of excitement, hope, nerves, worry at this change. Not nerves and worry about being a parent or the changes in our life that are to come, but about her, about whether she will be OK, whether she will come out strong and crying, whether I have provided her with all she needs in these past months. We are so looking forward to meeting the little lady but I admit to still being a bit caught up in the process of it all and what needs to get done before she arrives. Perhaps this is my way of containing my worry. I have been reading Teresa Strasser's blog, thanks to Mindy and Snowman, and I think her post sums up a bit of how I'm feeling. I may not have a stretch mark to focus on (at least not yet!) but I know how she feels. There are so many unknowns out there still, and it's easier to think about the little things sometimes. Regardless, Friday, as things stand, our world will be changing! CRAZY :-) But in a good way.

This morning I got out for a nice walk across the street. The maples along the pond by the high school have turned a brilliant red, and the cattail leaves have begun to turn yellow. I rescued a little red newt trying to cross the pavement, picking him up on a fallen leaf and releasing him on the other side, in amongst the grasses and purple asters. When I got home, Mindy and Jamie were there, gearing up for a run on the Cathance River trails with Snowman. When they left, I made some pumpkin chocolate chip bread, and upon their return Snowman whipped up a few of his signature omelettes to complete a yummy breakfast. It was a nice relaxing morning, chatting with friends and enjoying our last quiet Sunday :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Though I continue to be a sexy beast, I'm so excited for you both. I'm looking forward to hearing some good news soon. Take care. CW