Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Last Day of Work

Today is my last day of work for a while. I will be going back in to the gallery in late November and into December a day or two a week to help with end-of-the-year stuff, but still... Amazing that the day, and the little lady, is almost here! Wow! On one hand, 9 months seems like a long time, and these last few weeks have been moving especially slowly, but on the other hand, time flies and I can't believe it is almost time!

It is a dreary, windy, rainy morning, with temps in the mid-50s, so instead of getting up for a walk, I rolled over for a few more minutes and got a bit more sleep. I know at this point, that one less day of walking this week won't make a difference. Still, I'll plan to get out tomorrow after our final doctor's appointment, even if the main benefit is just to clear my head for a few minutes :-)

We did get out for a nice walk on Monday morning. It was a beautiful fall day, with bright blue skies and comfortable temperatures. Snowman was nice enough to accompany me on a walk along the trails at the Cathance River preserve, even though he'd been running through there the day before with Mindy and Jamie. The woods were quiet and the foliage was gorgeous along the river, the brilliant reds of the maple trees reflecting in the quiet pools, and the yellow and orange leaves collecting on the green moss on the rocks along the banks. Lovely.


Me at 38 weeks, 5 days, enjoying a beautiful fall day.

That afternoon we headed to Portland to see the Jay Hall Connaway exhibition at the Portland Museum of Art and to meet up with Amy and Brian for dinner. A fun day off!

2 comments:

Scout said...

I've been calling your little lady "the runner to be named later"! I'm pretty psyched for you both.

Sparkplug said...

Valerie, I love it :-) We should have a name tomorrow, so we'll let you know!