Monday, August 31, 2009

Time with the Family

Along with a nice walk in the Cathance River Preserve yesterday afternoon, and a short run this morning on the powerlines, there was a fair amount of family time this weekend. My parents have been visiting since the beginning of last week. Of course, we've been working and they've been spending some time with my sister and family, who are now living in Gorham, but it has been a big family week and that continued into the weekend.

Last Monday, we met up with my sister and family, grandmother, cousins, 2 aunts and an uncle for a picnic at Portland Head Light. Then this Saturday, during the storm, my sister and sister-in-law threw me a great baby shower. My family was there, as was Snowman's, and some of my bestest friends came from far away (Krisser even came from CA and surprised me!) to join in on the fun. It was was a great day, and we came home with a lot of baby loot too! Thanks everyone :-)

So, for your enjoyment, here are some photos from the week, and for good measure, a few photos of Ronnie and Gigi too :-)


Snowman and Morgan


These glasses fit, right?!


What is Snowman saying to me? And why does Nancy find it so funny?!


Larry, Mim and I


The girls and I - Kristen, Krisser, Gannon, Corie, Ruby and Heather


The Sparkplug side of the family - Caitlin, me, Kristen, Mim, Susie, Mom and Lillie
(Snowman's family left before we remembered to take photos!)


Lounging on the sleeping bags


Kitty in a bag!

2 comments:

Scout said...

Great pics! I have to confess that my favorite is the kitties on the sleeping bags.

Valerie

Sparkplug said...

I know, aren't they cute? They've just started to relax and be able to sleep near each other without Gigi attacking Ronnie, which is nice :-)