Thursday, August 20, 2009

32 Weeks and Still Shuffling Along

32 weeks down as of yesterday. 8 to go.

I was up and out early yesterday morning for a run on the powerlines. I took it nice and easy as it was warm even at 7:30 am, doing 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. Still, I felt good and enjoyed being out there. I stopped to eat some yummy blueberries and blackberries, and looked up to see a doe bounding across the lines into the brush. She looked at me briefly and then got down to munching on the greenery. I guess a 32-week pregnant lady doesn't look too threatening! :-)

Later that morning, we headed to the hospital, as I had to get an ultrasound. I have measured small the past two doctor's visits, and so although the doctor didn't feel there was likely anything wrong with the baby, they do this as a precaution to be sure. The ultrasound measures specific body parts, as well as testing for certain things, like is she practicing breathing, is she moving and is the amniotic fluid level OK.

She was moving around and practicing her breathing, meaning she wasn't in distress. In fact, it was very cool to watch her little heart beat! She was being stubborn and had her hands and feet up around her face, with her head way up against my right rib, so we didn't get any good photos this time around. She was indeed measuring a bit small for 32 weeks, but not significantly, and came in at the 23rd percentile for her weight. It sounds like I'll likely have to come back in for another ultrasound in the next 2 weeks to a month to see that she is progressing along OK, but in the end (luckily!), no one seemed too concerned. They are just being cautious, and I have to appreciate that. Plus it allowed us to look at her again!

In kitty news, here are a few photos of Gigi and Ronnie. Gigi is getting big! And Ronnie has accepted that he now has a little sister who likes to follow him around and jump on him :-)



2 comments:

Scout said...

I remember the doctor telling me I needed to eat more. I told him it wasn't possible. Sometimes I wonder if the sizes they expect aren't the super-sized babies. I'm sure your little girl is just the way she should be!

Valerie

Sparkplug said...

Thanks Valerie! I come from a family of midgets :-), and Ryan is the largest in his family, so it seems logical that we'll likely have a small baby girl... I can't imagine they're really expecting me to have a 12 lb. baby! Hope not, anyway :-)