Friday, August 28, 2009

52!

It was 52 degrees when I headed out for my run this morning under clear blue skies. Perfect running weather! I wish I could have enjoyed the morning more with a nice long run, but I'll settle for my "mini" 2-miler at this point in the game. It was just good to be out!

It was wonderfully cool in the shadows, but I could feel the heat from the sun in the open areas. The purple asters are blooming amongst the blueberry bushes, as were some of the sheep laurel. There were still a few ripe blackberries to enjoy, while the blueberries are beginning to fade. The clusters of berries on the high bushes (I don't know exactly what they are, unfortunately) along the powerlines, white in the summer, are now beginning to turn a rich blush pink color. The Towhee and Phoebe were out singing in the brush, and I noted a small flock of six Cedar Waxwings flying overhead. Fall is on its way...

No comments: