Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lowering the Bar

I know the saying is supposed to be "raising the bar" but as this pregnancy progresses, the bar just keeps getting lower and lower in regards to how much I can run. Ah well. My last two runs - Friday and Saturday - were both two milers. I have always thought that 3 miles is the minimum it was worth going out for, but this is not your typical running. This is 31+ week running! Therefore, while I find the fact that I only managed two miles both days a bit depressing, I also realize that at this point, any exercise is good exercise and I'm just happy to be out there.

Friday I ran across the street on the roads around the high school. Not much excitement. Saturday, I headed to the Commons for a change of scenery and pace. I did a nice lollypop out-and-back and enjoyed spending a bit of time in the woods on a warm August morning.

3 comments:

mindy said...

Nothing is better than a little woods time on a warm morning before it gets really hot. I bet you can soak up a lot on a 2-3 mile trail run and see things most people would miss!

pathfinder said...

It sure sounds like you are doing all the right things. It may "feel" heavy when you run but your baby is getting many benefits from your exercise and already gaining a respect for the great outdoors.

Your little girl is very lucky as far as parents go....two very nice people and Ryan has such a great sense of humor.

Sparkplug said...

Thanks guys! And Kevin, yes, Ryan cracks me up too :-)