Monday, May 18, 2009

More Eating Than Running

My parents were up visiting this weekend. It was great to see them. They even made the first purchase of baby clothes for 'the turnip' (as Snowman calls the little one) and bought a few *gulp* real maternity clothes for me. Thanks guys! But what we did most of was eat. This is typical of my family. We get together and eat. Now I am a fan of eating, and eating well. But I felt like all we did this weekend was eat! Sunday was a case in point... we met up with my aunt, cousin and grandmother for a yummy lunch at the Royal River Grillhouse in Yarmouth, and then headed south to meet Snowman's parents at the Portsmouth Brewery for an early dinner. Both meals involved french fries for me. I do not think this is exactly what the baby book had in mind when it said to eat a lot of vegetables :-)

Still, at least we got out for a run before heading to lunch! It was raining when we woke up, but we had already planned to meet up with Nate at 9am for a run in the Commons, so there was no way I was going to back out. Snowman wasn't so sure, but Nate's phone call to let us off the hook shamed him into getting dressed and going with me! The rain petered out to a fine mist as we ran, so although it was a wet run, we didn't get soaked, which was nice. The woods were quiet and very green. We had a good, mellow run, chatting as we ran along. I only counted around 20 ladyslippers as I was too busy talking away, but that's ok, they will be there next week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray for double-french-fry-days!

middle.professor said...

Congratulations on your ultrasound. Good for the padres to visit. Mine were here too (they visit every spring and fall for a long weekend). We got in a nice walk at Pineland after the morning run. But, like your family visits, it's usually about the eating. We gave Fore Street a break and did the Grill Room Saturday.

(my last comments were deleted only because I wanted to change "to" to "too")