Thursday, May 21, 2009

Day and Night

I didn't get up in time to get in both a run and do all the errands before work yesterday, so the errands it was. As I was driving up to work, I called Snowman and left him a message, asking if he'd like to put off his 3 mile run until after I got home from work. That would ensure that I actually got out there! He agreed, so on the way home from work I ate a powerbar, and we were out the door after a quick change into running clothes. (Speaking of running clothes, it seems I am going to have to give up on my XS and S tech shirts soon. The belly is beginning to be noticeable in those, so I think I'll be resorting to the larger running shirts very shortly. I guess the race shirts I've never worn because they've been so big will come in handy after all!)

We headed across the street for a 3 mile loop through Highland Green. I felt terrible. My legs were heavy. I couldn't find a rhythm. Ugh. That's about all I have to say about that.

Luckily, this morning's run felt much better. I even managed to crank out a sub 30 minute 3 mile loop! Yes, it is relatively pathetic that 9:50 pace is enough to make me happy with a run. But at this point, it is true. It was a beautiful morning to be out, despite my stuffy nose and itchy eyes. Gotta love allergies! But the run felt good, the flowers are blooming, the birds are singing and summer is on its way. What's not to love?

No comments: