Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Running is for Turkeys

Went across the street for a 5 mile run along the powerlines. Actually, it's a bit more than 5 which is good, as it took me 49 minutes. My legs felt a bit sluggish and protested on the steeper sandy hills. But, it was good to stretch out and I think the run today, slow as it was, will leave me feeling better tomorrow. Hope so, as I am planning to get in between 10 and 12 miles before work!

Lots of birds flitting about - chickadees, robins, grey catbirds, sparrows. Also saw a gaggle of turkeys strutting through our condo complex. The parents were leading six youngsters, still looking a bit fluffy around the edges, through the hostas in front of some of the units. Although very cute, they looked small enough that they might have to take off running pretty fast if they came across any of the large cats in the neighborhood!

1 comment:

sn0m8n said...

You're really proud of that headline, aren't you?