Friday, July 25, 2008

10 in the Mist

It poured last night, but when the alarm went off this morning it was quiet outside. Maybe I would be able to dodge the rain on this run after all. I headed out from the Bowdoin field house at 6:10am. The sky was dark and the clouds were low, with a light mist falling. Although it wasn't raining, I wound up getting soaked anyway - the humidity must have been 99.9%. I headed out on the route which brought me down toward Maquoit Bay, where I could see the ocean through the mist. From there, I turned onto Bunganuc and wound my way on the quiet country roads back to Pleasant Hill. From there, it was less than 3 miles back to the field house.

I felt good throughout the run, which I find encouraging, considering we hiked for three days and then I did nothing for the two days following. Also, my heel was fine, no rubbing. Hurray for BodyGlide, which might be one of the best substances on earth if you are a runner or hiker.

I'll get another 5 miles in tomorrow morning, and then it's off to Franconia Ridge for a solid 2 days of hiking on Sunday/Monday. Should be fun, assuming it doesn't rain the whole time we're above treeline!

No comments: