Friday, July 18, 2008

Early Bird Run

5:45am. And I was running.

Now, I am a morning person, but seriously, this might be a little too early. I know people get their runs in this early all the time, but I am not quite used to getting out of bed at 5:05 so that I can be running by 5:45. But you do what you have to do, and I needed to be in the car and on the way to work by 8:00, and wanted to get in 8 miles. Hence, the early start time. Snowman says I'm nuts. I say I'm training.

The mist was rising over the fields as I headed out Pleasant Hill Road, and the birds were chirping. Traffic was light. It was actually quite pleasant. And I felt good, which was nice. I finished in 1:10, and according to mapmyrun.com, the route was a bit over 8 miles. Perfect. Today's miles brought the week's total to 31, including yesterday's 5 miles through the Commons. A decent mileage week for me, which I'm pretty happy with.

I think after today's run, I'm going to sign us up for the MDI Marathon. Why waste getting up so d*** early for an 8 mile run if it isn't in pursuit of some endurance event?!

No comments: