Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mellow Start to the Week

Got out the door yesterday for a quick 3-miler on the powerlines. It was super humid, and my legs were feeling a bit heavy from the race on Saturday. Still, it was nice to get out and loosen things up a bit.

I had contemplated doing a longer run this morning, but just didn't quite feel it when I got up, so decided to just take it easy and went across the street for 4 miles. For a change of pace, I went up and over the Mt. Ararat hill and down the back way into Highland Green. From there I went across onto the dirt road out toward the Cathance River Preserve trails, turned around and headed back home. I am definitely looking forward to getting out on the Preserve trails soon. Perhaps during one of my longer runs next week.

Flora and fauna report: The pink mountain laurel (or perhaps it is sheep laurel) are blooming along the powerlines. Very pretty. Also saw the mallard and towhee yesterday again, as well as many sparrows and robins. Not to mention the deer flies! The woods are definitely alive at this time of year.

No comments: