Thursday, July 24, 2008

Rain

We had the windows open and as the alarm went off, I could hear it pouring outside. Ugh. Rain. I know I should have gotten up and gone for my scheduled 5-mile run anyway, but I just could not bring myself to do it. My heels are still pretty raw from this weekend's backpack, and I really want them to heal up for our upcoming adventure - a 2-day trip over the Franconia Ridge on the AT. I did not want to be out getting them wet this morning. OK, so that was just an excuse I used to roll over and ignore the alarm, although it is true. The reality is I was being lazy. Ugh again. Oh well. I'll get back on track tomorrow, and get out bright and early for 10 miles, and then 5 on Saturday. It won't be a high mileage week, but two days of running and three days of hiking should count for something, right?

In other news, we came home last night after a yummy dinner at Frontier with a new 32" TV. Our old TV, which still had a built-in VCR and was at least 10 years old, finally died. My parents are visiting, and they took pity on us and asked if we'd like a combined early Christmas/birthday gift of a new TV versus doing typical Christmas/birthday presents this year. We were psyched and happily agreed! Thanks guys! Which is why I'm now staring at the TV knowing that at some point soon Snowman is going to tell me we need to upgrade to HDTV for a better picture quality. I'm telling you, the TV/cable industry has a pretty good scam going on. 32" is a small TV and you always need some other upgrade to see the brightest and the best. Crazy. Maybe we should have tried to be good hippies and gone without a TV. But that wouldn't have been much fun :-)

No comments: