Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Perfect Blue Sky Day for Nordic Meisters #4


After a fun dinner with friends Nick and Sue, and a sweltering night in Snowman’s apartment here at Great Glen (Snowman finally closed the heating vent around 2am, which made things a bit more bearable), we awoke to crystal clear blue skies and a gorgeous view of the Presidentials covered with snow. What a nice change from yesterday! However, the temps were still hovering in the low single digits, so I waited until around 10am to head out for my week #4 Nordic Meister (everyone else's week #6) ski run. The sun was shining and there was no wind so it seemed warmer than the thermometer reading of 10 degrees, which was nice. I felt much better on my skis today, thank goodness! The snow was a bit slow and I could hear it crunch underfoot as I glided along, but I attempted to keep relaxed and enjoy the ski. My unofficial time was 25:17, which seemed pretty good to me, but who knows? As I was finishing up my ski, Snowman was headed out for his warm-up so I joined him on a short loop through the system before coming in for lunch. Definitely a great day to be out on the trails!

Photo of me skiing along the field is courtesy of Snowman (aka the Marketing guy at Great Glen)

1 comment:

sinner said...

i love snow almost as much as i hate snowboarding. not really a fan of practising the winter sports but i know a good view when i spot one and maybe some more pictures will make everyone's artistic side pop up.

cheers.