Thursday, February 21, 2008

Nice and Easy

Yesterday's run was 5 miles along the bike path with Snowman. I wanted to get the run in before lunch while it was still relatively warm and sunny, so we headed out around 11:15. The bike path was totally clear, and we enjoyed a nice, mellow run, despite the strong headwind on the way back. Saw a pair of hooded mergansers swimming in the opening waters along the river's edge, as well as a richly colored robin and a really bright cardinal, gleaming in the sun. I was excited and thought it might be a tanager, but upon reviewing its song at home, we came to the conclusion that it was a cardinal.

I had intended to get up and run 3 miles this morning before work, but Snowman turned off the alarm and I didn't get up until 8am! Guess I was tired! Oh well, I'll get another run in on Saturday to round out the week.

On an unrelated note, they have closed a section of Route 1 in Woolwich, which is smack dab in the middle of my commute. This morning I got caught behind a single-wide mobile home making its way north. Ugh. The detour is along these windy residential streets, and this oversized load sure did cause a lot of issues! People were swerving to the side to get away from it; a few tractor trailers coming in the other direction were looking pretty angry and all of us behind him were moving along at a snail's pace. This is what I have to look forward to for the next three months before they fix the bridge and reopen the road! Fun fun :-)

No comments: