Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Nordic Meisters #5

If you've been following my blog, or perhaps Snowman's, you realize that today is actually week #7 of Nordic Meisters but as I've missed two weeks, it is my week #5. In order to be in the raffle at the end of the season, you have participate in 6 of the 8 weeks, so I had to race today and have to race next week. Can't miss out on the raffle!

It started snowing, very lightly, around 8am, so I decided to stick with my lazy-man plan to use my waxless skis. People were doing all sorts of things to their skis. Snowman used binder with hard wax; Rosemary used klister with hard wax over it; etc etc. Skiing is such a simple yet not simple sport. But the advantage of the waxless skis is that you can just put them on and go. Yes, they can be a bit slower, but sometimes they are just worth it. So, that is what I did. My unofficial time was 25:10. Not bad. I am a bit sore from our run yesterday, but it felt good to get in some skiing.

All in all, it was a nice day with good skiing, better than we had expected, with snow lightly falling and a soft light all around. The clouds had closed in around the Presidentials, but started lifting as Snowman and I finished up our cool-down ski. Very nice.

No comments: