Sunday, October 28, 2018

Nope

I was up multiple times in the early morning hours of Friday with Sam, who just could not stop coughing. I also was feeling quite sniffly. I was supposed to run long but there was just no way that was going to get done. I let Sam sleep in, made sure she was doing OK and dropped her off much later than usual at Amber's at her request. Even 10 minutes of play time before school with her friends is better than none!

As I was already in the car and it was a bright and beautiful day, I drove over to Bowdoin to run out through the Commons and Coleman Farm to the edge of the ocean. Bright and blustery through the woods and fields to the shimmer of sunlight on water, snaking its way amongst the marsh grasses. Definitely congested but it felt good to get out and enjoy the morning. (10.0 miles)






Saturday morning dawned dreary and cold. I wasn't feeling great but I headed out anyway. I ran two laps of the cart paths and down to the river to take in the roaring waters, but I didn't have it in me to continue on for another 14 miles. I turned around and headed home. Once again, the long run was just not going to happen. I felt fairly horrid all afternoon so I know I made the right decision, but I can't help but wonder if I should have just sucked it up and gotten it done. Sigh. This training cycle has gone pretty well and I was hoping to finish up on a high note but I guess resting and getting rid of this cold will have to do! (11.0 miles)


The rain started falling soon after I got back. After some lounging on the couch until mid-afternoon, Sam fired up to get all dressed up in her costume and join her little friend Mazie for a dance costume parade that Mazie's dance teacher was putting on over at the Highlands. The perfect little Princess Leia! Impressive, most impressive 💗 And those hair buns though! 😍



No comments: