Thursday, October 25, 2018

Dark

Boy, early mornings are dark this time of year. Profound, I know, but true. Also, I have pretty much gone straight to winter garb. It's been cold this week too.

Monday was a cart path run and you got it, it was dark, dark, dark. One porcupine seen, plus several pairs of eyes in the woods. Legs didn't really want to move 😉, and I've got some sniffles, undoubtedly picked up from Sam who has a cold and who, because she's a kid, is kind of gross and a germ factory. I love her, but it's true! (6.0 miles)

Tuesday I decided to get the legs moving at least a little bit and ran roads, with the middle 4 miles "fast" or at least focused. Did an out and back on Highland Green and added on an extra mile along Canam. A bit of a glow in the sky in the final mile, but yup, still pretty much dark for the whole run. (7.0 miles)

Wednesday it was cold and rainy. And dark. 😆 I stayed in bed.

This morning, I didn't get up when my alarm went off at 4:00 am but the cats woke me up around 5:30 and I realized if I was quick about it, I could get out the door and back in time to get showered and still get Sam out the door to chorus practice. Thursdays offer a bit of a morning reprieve as that doesn't start until 8:00 so we aren't in quite as much of a rush. After a shortened pre-run routine, I headed out the door and hit start on my watch at 6:09. I was wearing my headlamp, but the moon was shining brilliantly overhead and I stopped several time to take it in as I ran the cart paths, in reverse this time. 

It was light enough about 4 miles in to turn off my light and I enjoyed watching the sky lighten overhead for the rest of the run, with the moon over the trees, setting amidst pinky purple clouds, in one direction and the glow of sunrise in the other. I almost didn't get out the door this morning, but I am so glad I did! Glorious out there. (6.0 miles)









No comments: