Sunday, August 12, 2018

Weekend Fun

Saturday morning, Emma joined me here for a Cathance run. Amazingly, in all our years of being friends, she had never been to our house and it was fun to show her the trails I run and love! It was only 59 degrees, which felt heavenly, but I still ended up completely soaked as it was a damp, humid morning despite the cooler temps. We ran down along the river and out onto the Blueberry Loop. Lots of mushrooms, and a stop on the powerlines to pick a few yummy blackberries too. Great to catch up with Emma, and I was happy to have my legs feeling decent after my Camden run on Friday. (10.0 miles)

This morning was the second Brad dirt series race, the Breaker. It rained on and off all morning, but was fairly cool, which was a nice change from how hot it typically is during this race! Sam had fun playing with Jenn's kids and I, as always, enjoyed chatting with everyone before, during and after the race. A fun morning!


Sam and I headed home a little before 1:00 to get some lunch and relax on the couch. It's surprising how tiring it is to be social and stand on your feet volunteering for 4 hours at a race!! ;) Once Ryan got home, I headed out for my own run around 3:00. The legs were feeling a bit heavy and although it was still cool, the sun was trying to peek through the clouds, making it feel a bit steamy and heavy out. Kept it nice and easy and got in a nice lollypop down to the river and back. (5.5 miles)


Happy to finish up the week at a little over 41 miles, and hoping to continue the trend for the next few weeks!

No comments: