Thursday, February 22, 2018

Third Time's A Charm!

Third time's a charm! I finally got up with my 4:00 am alarm and out the door for a morning run today.

Tuesday, I turned off the alarm and fell back to sleep for another 1.5 hours. Oops! Guess I was tired!😆 So, the indoor track it was! Sam was swimming laps for her team's aquathon fundraiser so I had a bit more time, but there were so many people on the track that the requisite 65 laps was all I could muster. While I ran all those laps, Sam swam 50 laps! Wow! She is getting strong for sure 😃 (5.0 miles)

Yesterday, temperatures rose to an unseasonably high around 60 degrees, with a whole lot of melting going on, but again, I failed to get up with the alarm so I took the day as zero day #2 for the week, and just enjoyed a long walk around town doing work errands midday instead.

Finally, this morning, I got up and out! Temps had cooled overnight but it was still a few degrees above freezing. I knew I was going to be doing my long run on the roads tomorrow, so I decided to carry my Hillsounds and hope that I could get in a few trail miles. There was a lot of solid ice and some bare ground, but once out on the Cathance trails, things were actually pretty decent, as long as you didn't stray off the thin packed ribbon down the middle of the trails!

The sky had lightened as I came around the Heath for the second time, but with the overcast sky there was no spectacular sunrise this morning. Still, the soft light was quite lovely! Glad to have gotten out! (6.3 miles)



No comments: