Thursday, January 4, 2018

Snow Day

Crazy winter storm going right now, all up and down the east coast. School was cancelled and both Ryan and I worked from home for part of the day. I knew that a long run tomorrow would be unlikely as roads and trails would no doubt be a mess, and as there is a swim meet on Saturday and temps are supposed to plummet back into the negatives again over the weekend, I figured this morning pre-storm would be my best chance for a long(ish) run. I slept in a bit since none of us had to go anywhere, and waited for the sky to lighten a bit before heading out at 7:00 am. Got in a lovely run out in the Cathance and enjoyed the quiet trails, finishing up just as the first flakes began to fall. (10 miles)

Monochrome sky.

Frozen river.

Packed trails and lots of animal tracks.

Red berries. 

Spent a few hours working, with this one as my assistant 😂

Helping...

Also got a yummy snow day delivery. I think we'll be set for a while!


The rest of the day was spent playing games, feeding the birds out back and watching the snow fall. A good snowy day!

No comments: