Saturday, January 20, 2018

Early Morning Miles

Well, apparently I just had the wrong equipment yesterday. Ryan said the snowshoeing was pretty sweet. Ah well, such is life... in any event, got up way too early and set out at 5:15 am for my long run this morning. The first mile features icy sidewalks and snowy side streets but once I hit Foreside, things were pretty clear and it was decent running. Not a lot of cars out at 5:30 on a Saturday morning and my oh my, it is pretty damn dark out in the middle of nowhere ;) Gets rural and dark really quickly once you get a few miles out of town around here!

I was hoping to see the start of sunrise as I crossed the outlet into the Androscoggin River at mile 7 but alas, it was too overcast and early for that. I did get to see a bit of pinkish glow above the treetops across one of the field's along Rt. 24 on the return trip but it was brief. Very windy on the backside of the loop but thankfully still light on traffic until the final few miles as I got back to the edge of town.

More icy sidewalks and snowy side streets for the final two miles with a stiff headwind, and the pace slowed a bit, but happy to have gotten in the miles! Got back just in time for Ryan to head over to the Brad to mark the course and now I won't feel badly about sitting around all afternoon at the Y during Sam's swim meet :) (14.0)

No comments: