Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Seriously Now...

So this weather is a wee bit nuts... and there is no end in sight. Tomorrow a snowstorm and then back to two days of serious deep freeze. Please, Mother Nature, get back to a happy medium! Today, walking around town it was 21 degrees out and felt like a heatwave! I could handle those kind of temps all winter long!! But first, to muddle through this craziness...

Yesterday, I woke up to a feels like temp of -20. Uh uh, no way. That is just too much. I did my strength work and then packed up my running clothes so that I could run on the indoor track during Sam's swim practice... again... for the third time in three weeks. Gah. Wicked busy too. An old Corey Reese podcast interview kept me entertained as I wiled away the laps and miles. 65 laps. (5.0 miles)

I didn't sleep well last night but knowing that the snowstorm is coming and unclear about the weather and plans for the weekend (swim meet in Bar Harbor on Saturday and a visit with Kate and Jamie on tap, which should mean a fun run on Sunday though!) meant I decided to get out anyway. I didn't feel great, but the snowmobile trail on the powerlines was pretty sweet, and I got in a nice headlamp run under a brilliant moon, finishing up just in time to see the beginning of sunrise glowing on the horizon. (5.1 miles)


No comments: