Thursday, August 31, 2017

Last Week of Summer

Monday, Sam and I were home, so after a quiet morning, a haircut for Sam, lunch out together and then a few errands, we headed over to Bradbury for a short hike. It was a beautiful afternoon and always nice to get out in the woods with my girl! :)

This kid. Getting so big!

Bright shoes! And yes, her feet are almost as big as mine ;)

Summit selfie

Tuesday morning, I ran the cart paths with a loop down to the river and back thrown in the middle for a nice 8 miles. It was 49 degrees out and dark, which meant both the headlamp and arm sleeves made appearances :) Gorgeous sky over the Heath.

Not a bad way to start the day

Wednesday, Lauren came over to run out in the Cathance with me. I lent her Sam's headlamp as she hadn't thought to bring her own, and I think she might have been slightly horrified that I would run up and over Mt. A. and out in the woods by myself in the darkness ;) but she was a good sport. It was overcast so the woods stayed darker much longer than I thought they should so we just kept the pace nice and easy so as to stay upright :) 6.9 miles for the morning. Couldn't bring myself to run a lap around the parking lot to round things out to 7 or she might have thought I was really nuts!

This morning, Ryan very nicely took Sam to Miss Amber's so that I could get an early start on my miles. I headed over to Bradbury with a plan to run laps around the mountain side. Up the summit, down Tote, out on Boundary, back on Reverse Mindy to Tote, back to Boundary and on lap one, Lunchbreak, and subsequent laps, South Ridge and Summit, then back to the summit and down Northern Loop to the parking lot. Four laps yielded 22 miles and I was more than happy with that. Congestion is not quite gone yet, but it was a lovely morning and although I certainly wasn't pushing the pace, I felt decent overall. 

We're headed to Acadia for the long weekend, so there will be plenty of hiking and hopefully a few mountain runs there to round out the week!

No comments: