Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Darkness and Light

Now, I won't pretend that I like leaving work in the dark at the end of the day, but what I do like is having light to run in on my morning runs! I will never say no to daylight at 6:15 am and being able to run without a headlamp :)

Lovely crisp morning on Tuesday to start off the running week. Ran out in the Cathance on the normal seven mile lollypop. The trails are extremely leafy right now and slightly dangerous in that regard but being able to run them in the daylight makes it all more manageable. Pretty sunrise through the trees and frost on the raspberry brambles. Cold but windless. Felt good.




Stopped at the polls and voted before I headed in to work. I exited feeling hopeful.

However, I awoke on Wednesday morning and the first post I saw was Valerie's: "I am so very disappointed with people." I started shaking. I simply don't understand it, and while there is no run of any distance that could quell the feelings of sadness, disappointment and dismay that I feel over our nation's choice of leader, there is a calm to be found out running through the darkness as the sun rises. And, I will take those little things today. I need them. 6 miles for the day.



No comments: