Saturday, September 20, 2014

Frost

Only 37 degrees on the thermometer this morning. Brrr. I suited up on tights and long sleeves for one last run around the neighborhood before Pisgah tomorrow. Hard to believe the weather is saying it will be warm and humid in Chesterfield tomorrow! I'm hoping it's more like it was this morning but it will be what it will be, and we'll do what we can with it.

Last night Ryan was asking my plans for the race. I don't quite know, to be honest. I want to put forth a good effort and ideally would love to run around 5 hours but this is a hilly course, I've had a cold this week and it's supposed to be warm. Who knows how it will play out. The big goal is to beat my last time on the course -  5:34. I feel this is doable as I have many more miles and ultras under my belt now, but then again I haven't been training to be fast the past few years :) Ah well, Whatever happens, it will be a fun day in the woods!

No comments: