Friday, September 12, 2014

Early Morning Ten

With Ryan doing Bruiser course marking tomorrow and all of us at the race on Sunday, I knew it would probably be tough to get in my miles this weekend. Luckily, with Pisgah next weekend, the miles were few enough that I figured if I really worked at it, I could get 10 in before work this morning and 8 before Ryan heads out tomorrow morning for the Brad. I was up at 5:00 and out the door just as the sky was getting light. It was cool enough that I was happy to be wearing long sleeves, especially when the breeze kicked up.

I ran the cart paths with a few modifications, skipping holes 1 and 2, and cutting across the bottom of the Heath between holes 4 and 5 so that I could take in the view across the marsh in the early morning light. Then it was onto the powerlines to run the Lover's Lane snowmobile loop. A deer bounded gracefully across the trail a few feet in front of me, her white tail high in the air. I turned to watch her as she stopped off in the woods and silently looked back at me.

Past Pelletier's Pond, filled with water lilies and lined with goldenrod and purple asters, the moon, still high in the sky, reflecting in the water.

Ended up with 10.3 miles and done just as Sam was getting up for the day. Perfect.

1 comment:

Blaine Moore said...

I also opted for 10 this morning, although apparently Lillian woke up as soon as I left the house...