Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Click...

I do so love this time of year but the loss of light takes some getting used to, and I'm still wrapping my brain around heading out for a morning run in the dark with a headlamp atop my head. So this morning, I dilly dallied until around 6:00 am before heading out, which meant a shorter run in the end, but still a lovely one.

I wish I had a good enough camera to capture the beauty of running as the sun rises on an early autumn morning.

Click...
By the quarry, a hint of the glowing orange sun was rising above the trees, the clouds an array of pink, gold and periwinkle blue.

Click...
Along the bog bridges at the bottom of the Heath, the sun was casting a golden glow across the tops of the cotton sedge and the deepening autumn hues of the marsh grasses.

Click...
Running down the cart path, I spotted a big doe sauntered across the green, then turned and ran, white tail high, as she heard the crunch of my feet against the gravel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep thinking I should get a better (um, one that isn't my phone) camera. The moon is particularly hard to capture.
Sounds like a beautiful run!