Thursday, September 18, 2014

Cold

Got a bit of a sniffy, snuffly, dry throat cold here. Inevitable probably, what with Sam's continual dripping faucet the past few weeks, new germs coming home from school, and tapering. Oh well. I'll just go with what I've got at Pisgah on Sunday and hopefully will feel a bit better by then. I did decide that I would get up and go out for a short run anyway this morning, just to loosen things up and stretch things out.

I headed out around 6:15 on the powerlines, watching the horizon as the sky changed and brightened. A thin fog hung low just above the brush, the crescent moon still hung in the air and the spiderwebs were highlighted with dew against the deep gold, burnt reds and dark greens. The ferns smelled sweet, and my shadow stretched out ahead of me on the return trip as the golden light rose above the trees. Ah, fall. Such the perfect time of year.

No comments: