Friday, July 12, 2013

Now That's More Like It!

I was really thinking today's run was going to suck. The weather has been so unfriendly when it comes to running that I was dreading today's mid-day 12 miles, thinking I'd be lathered in sweat and suffering the whole time. But, dreams so come true, and I woke up this morning to relatively cool temps, a nice breeze and air that felt light and dry. It had warmed up a fair bit by the time I got out on the trails at 12:30 after my short day at work, but the breeze still felt wonderful, I wasn't sweating buckets, and oh my, running feels so much better in weather like this. This is how the summer should be all the time!

Ran from Bowdoin out through the Commons, enjoying the lack of deerflies and stopping for a few blueberries along the way. Out on the roads through Pennelville, the male bobolinks twittered and flew overhead, settling down into the grasses in the fields as the purple thistle, queen anne's lace, black-eyed susans and long grasses swayed in the breeze. I ran down to Simpson's Point, stopping for a minute to eat my snack and look at the water before heading back the way I came.

Got in a nice 12 miles in 1:51, not counting stops for blueberries, a much-needed potty break and the few minutes I spent staring out at the ocean. Not fast, but not slow. I'll take it.

No comments: