Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Good

Ah, sleep. Nothing like it. Finally got a good night's sleep last night after multiple nights of tossing and turning and interrupted sleeping. And I woke up to find it was *only* 65 degrees and raining. OK, so still high humidity given the rain, but so much better than last week! Woohoo! Headed out about 5:40 and got in a nice 5.25 miles on the cart paths. My legs still don't have much pep at that time of morning, but at least the running felt good. What a revelation! Hoping the extreme heat and humidity back off for a while. That would be a welcome change.

Penciled a training plan into my planner last night. So far, I'm ahead of where the "plan" says I should be (who actually just goes out and runs 2 miles as part of a training plan for a 50 miler anyway?!), but I am doubtful I'll actually hold to all the numbers over the next 17 weeks. That's just not my style :-) In any event, I'll chug away at the back-to-backs and build up as best I can. Hopefully the body will hold up. Visited Dr. Jamie this afternoon since my back was tight last week, and told him my plans. He said, well, given the uncharted territory, why don't you come back in a month, just to keep things on track. You don't have to feel fragile or anything, but be cognizant of things. Makes sense, but also makes me a bit nervous about it all. Still, looking forward to seeing how it all plays out. I've been thinking about 50 for a while now. Glad the lottery made the decision for me :-) 


No comments: