Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What is Normal Anyway?

Monday mid-morning, I got out for a walk on the powerlines while Snowman ran. He doubled back and walked the last 1/2 mile with me, which was nice. After a quick lunch, we headed to Portland for ultrasound #7 in 'the little lady' series. Seriously, that is just silly! We know much too much about fundal measurements, etc. Aie. Anyway, all went well and after the tech had done her part and gotten all the measurements and pictures necessary, the doctor came in for about 15 seconds - just enough time to say to us, "We've deemed you normal. We've concluded you just make genetically small babies." Although the conclusion is what Snowman and I have been thinking all along, it certainly was nice to hear it from the doctor! She is measuring in at 5 pounds 13 ounces, and is in the 15% percentile. And of course, she is still in the breech position, with her head jammed up against my right rib. Soooo comfy! :-) As for me being normal, I don't know about that, but hey, I'll take it...

During our day out and about, we also picked up some new road shoes for me. Boy, are they white and crisp looking! The ones I've been wearing for the past 300 miles look dark and dingy compared to these new things. And oh, so cushiony! I do love a new pair of running shoes. It seemed a little silly to be buying new running shoes when I am not running at the moment, but as Snowman says, won't you feel better when the time comes to run again if you have new shoes to put on?! There is something about getting out in new shoes that just makes a girl happy :-) So, while this pair got broken in this morning during my walk, and will likely get more walking miles than running miles over the next few months, I am happy to have them!

1 comment:

Scout said...

Great news about the little one. Good thing she's on the petite side with the way she's wedged!

I've got Palo Nutini's "New Shoes" playing in my head. Captures that new shoe feeling