Thursday, September 17, 2009

Run and Walk

Yesterday I got up and out the door at 6:45 for a run before Snowman left for work. It felt and looked like fall. The broken clouds were low in the sky, with the pink and oranges of the rising sun, creating a beautiful light on the horizon as I crested the small hill on the powerlines by the high school. The low light was hitting the purple asters and goldenrod along the lines, their summer colors contrasting with the blueberry bushes that are beginning to be tinged with red. It was nice to be out after three days of doing nothing.

This morning, I took a walk instead of a run, as Snowman was away and wasn't too keen about me running alone while he was gone. It was 45 degrees when I headed out the door. Crisp and cool. Perfect fall weather. I walked the short loop by the high school and middle school across the street. I think that running, however, is more comfortable than walking! Or perhaps it's just because I'm used to running? Regardless, I am happy to still be able to move comfortably at this stage in the game, and hope to get out for one more run on Saturday to close out the week.

3 comments:

Scout said...

You paint such a pretty picture!

mindy said...

There's change in the air...time for a new baby to enter the world! Looking forward to seeing you tonight.

Sparkplug said...

Thanks Valerie! I do love this time of year. And Mindy, yes, change indeed :-) See you tonight!