Monday, September 21, 2009

Apples, Cider Donuts and a little running...

This morning, my sister Kristen and 3 1/2 year old niece Morgan came up to Topsham, and the three of us went apple picking at Rocky Ridge Orchard just a few miles up the road. It was a gorgeous Indian Summer day, with bright blue skies and warm temps. We picked up a wagon and headed out into the PYO orchard, where Morgan had fun wandering under the low trees, picking up fallen apples and grabbing a few off the low-lying branches. Before we left with our share of apples, we stopped in the bakery and picked up some yummy cider donuts. Can't pass those up!

When we got back home, Morgan had fun playing with Gigi, while Ronnie hid in terror upstairs (Morgan is seriously cute, but seriously loud!), and Snowman made us grilled cheese for lunch. After Kristen and Morgan headed home, Snowman and I went over to the Commons for a run. I tried to convince Snowman that he should go for his own run while I shuffled along on my two-mile jaunt, but he would have none of it. So, I led the way, and he very patiently shuffled along beside me. We chatted away as we ran along, and it was nice to spend a little time in the woods together, something we haven't had the opportunity to do much of recently. It was a good, if warm, run, and I was happy to have a running partner for the day :-) Don't I have a good husband?!

Here a few photos from the apple picking, as well as a cute shot of Ronnie and Gigi waking up after being all curled up together on one of our sleeping bags yesterday afternoon. It's nice to see them getting along (well, at least some of the time!!).


Rocky Ridge Orchard


Morgan enjoying a wagon ride


In the orchard


Waking up from a nap, all curled up together

No comments: