Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First Part of the Week

Sunday I had to work, and was tired from a long day of getting up early, driving, hiking, cheering and being out in the sun at the Mt. Washington Road Race the day before, so there was no running. Yesterday, Snowman spent the day on the floor in the bathroom, ripping out the old vinyl and installing new flooring. As 1) the bathroom is small, and really two people can't work in there at one, 2) I'm even less handy that Snowman, and 3) I'm pregnant, I missed out on the work. I felt a bit bad doing stuff around the house, running some errands and yes, even getting in a 4 mile run while Snowman was working away, but what can you do? I did make yummy pancakes for breakfast and good burritos for dinner to make up for it a bit! And the bathroom is looking great! Good job Snowman :-)

The run was fine. I went over to the Commons around 2:30pm. It was muggy, and the air felt extra heavy. Not to mention I was wearing my shirt from the MDI marathon, which has a huge screening of the island on the front, meaning no air at all was getting through. I had hoped to get in 5 miles, but I just wasn't feeling it, so 4 miles it was. But I was happy to be able to get out regardless.

This morning, I have a doctor's appointment at 10:45am, meaning I could have a bit of a lazy morning and still get a run in. I headed out across the street for my normal 3-mile route through Highland Green at 8:30am. The wind felt great, but the air was still heavy. I felt better than yesterday, and enjoyed the abundant pink sheep laurel along the powerlines as I ran along. Very pretty!

No comments: