Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Alien

I didn't get any of the running in that I had hoped over the weekend (well, our weekend, Sun/Mon). We had friends come into town on Friday night for a Bowdoin track/cross country reunion, which was lots of fun, but which meant I was up way too late too many nights in a row. Unfortunately, we didn't get to participate in any of the running-related activities, as we both had to work, although I did manage to slip out of the house bright and early Saturday morning for a 3 mile run. Of course, this was only because Snowman was up and out before 6am to drive up to work for the "There's a Black Fly in My Eye" race. Our friends left Sunday morning after a big breakfast, and then Snowman and I headed down to Portsmouth to meet up with another good friend, Andy, for lunch. So Sunday consisted of eating and driving :-)

Monday we headed over to my aunt's to visit with my grandmother and pick up a window A/C unit that was no longer in use at her house. This is a good thing because I have a feeling that once it gets hot (if it ever does!) and I get big, I'm going to be cranky in the heat. The A/C should help with that! And that will make us all happy :-) Then we delivered our old kitchen table to Nate and Shannon, after getting a bigger one from Snowman's parents, and went out to buy a new vacuum as ours sucks (but not in the way you want a vacuum to suck!). By that time, it had started raining again, and both Snowman and I were ready to collapse on the couch. Oh yes, and in between, we played with the kitty cats!!

So, this morning I was determined to get a run in. I headed across the street for the 3-mile route through Highland Green. It was not raining, which was nice, but it was muggy enough that I was soaked by the time I was finished. Will things ever dry out up here?!! Still, I felt good and was glad to have motivated to get out.

In other news, the little lady appears to be trying to get out... I have not only been feeling, but also seeing, some of her gymnastics today. I'm sure it will only get more pronounced as the weeks go by, but all I can think of is this...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks again for the table! It's a perfect fit to our "eat-in" kitchen!

sn0m8n said...

My wife is funny.