Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Tired Feet

Finally dragged myself out of bed this morning to get in an abbreviated run before heading up to work for an early meeting. Headed across the street onto the powerlines. After the thunder/lightening and rain last night, things seemed to have cooled off a bit, but the air still felt heavy. I was happy to notice that my legs didn't feel sore, but they did feel tired. As did my feet. My feet seem to have suffered the most from this weekend's hike. Perhaps it was because they were wet for 36 hours straight due to lots of sweat and a few slips off bog bridges! Regardless, they were feeling a bit tender. I got in 4 miles, shorter than I had planned previously, but oh well. These things happen.

I talked to Snowman on my way up to work. He appears to not be recovering very quickly, and is still feeling wiped out. Poor guy. I'm sure a super long and busy day at work yesterday didn't help, and hopefully he'll feel better with a good night's sleep tonight. As we've seen over our years of hiking, my body seems to handle the heat better than his, so I guess his body is just letting him know it wasn't too happy with this weekend's adventure!

No comments: