Wednesday, June 18, 2008

4 in the Rain

It has been a rather soggy week here on the coast of Maine. But really, overall it's been a pleasant spring, and I'm sure we need the rain, so we can't complain too much. I headed out early to a get a run in across the street. With the rain, I thought I'd stay off the powerlines and stick to the Mt. Ararat trails instead. I did a few loops up and over and down the "big hill," which is a pretty decent workout. Got in a bit over 4 miles, and called it a day. The woods were pretty quiet, but I did see a towhee singing away, and noticed that the pink mountain laurel is looking beautiful along the powerlines near the Highland Green Road. The blueberries are also out, but they're still pretty green!

In other news, I lost the toenail on my right foot that's been threatening to go since becoming nice and black after the Pinelands race. Isn't that just lovely? I guess I won't be wearing any of my open-toed shoes to the gallery anytime soon! :-)

1 comment:

sn0m8n said...

You own open-toed shoes?