Sunday, June 15, 2008

All Work and No Play Today

In 15 minutes, Snowman will be headed off in a pack of other racers for the start of the Bradbury Scuffle. I, on the other hand, will be headed to work. I am really sad to miss this race. One, it's always better to be running than working! Two, it's odd to have Snowman racing when I am not. And last but not least, the race is put on by a really cool running group, Ian and the Trail Monster Runners. I wish I could join them racing! They did a fabulous job with the Bradbury Bruiser last year, and a few weeks ago with the Pineland Farms Trail Challenge. However, I will have a chance to participate in their next race, the Bradbury Breaker (sounds tough!), which is in August. Snowman won't be running that one, as he has to work that day. So, in the end, I guess it evens out.

With Snowman headed over to Bradbury, I headed to the Commons for a mellow 3 mile run. It was drizzling slightly, but cool. Tomorrow I have the day off and Snowman doesn't (do you see a trend here?! Ugh.), so I'm planning to head to Bradbury myself to run one loop of the Breaker course as well as the Scuffle. Should be a good workout.

3 comments:

R. Ian Parlin said...

Sorry that you couldn't make the race today, it was fun running in the rain and mud.

I hope you enjoy your run on the Breaker course, get ready for some serious climbing!

Blaine Moore said...

I'm sorry you missed out - it was a great time.

Don't look at it as evening out, though. After all, he only got to run a 6 mile race and you'll get to run a 9 mile race...that's better, right?

Sparkplug said...

Thanks for the comments, guys! Looks like you all had a blast.

As for 9 vs. 6, yup, better and tougher, I think! :-) See you there!