Saturday, June 7, 2008

Misty Morning

Although the weather channel was calling for temps in the high 60s today, it sure didn't seem like it at 7am this morning. The clouds hung low in the sky and a steady but light mist fell. Maybe in part due to the weather, or perhaps the early hour on a Saturday, the Commons were quiet. I didn't see anyone until the last 10 minutes or so, as I neared the college. The woods have come alive, looking lush and green. The pink ladyslippers still abound, joined by many false lily of the valley and bunchberries.

This week tallied up to 17 miles, pretty paltry, I know, but I put in some good weeks leading up the Pineland Farms Trail Challenge, so I figure a week of "rest" is not such a bad thing. Next week is the first of the summer's 3/2 weeks, meaning I'll be running 3 days and hiking 2 days. This will be an interesting experiment, as I still want to keep my running miles up over 20, as well as get in at least one long run a week. Next week I'm planning two 5-mile days and one 10-mile day. The mileage isn't the problem, but the time is. Although I realize I'm lucky with that my work day doesn't start until 10:00, getting 10 miles (or approx. 1.5 hours of running) in before 8:30am is still going to be a challenge.

Tomorrow we head out to do a section of the AT in NH. Our friend Ghost is joining us. Should be fun :-)

No comments: