Sunday, March 17, 2019

Weekend Running

Not quite what I had intended for the weekend but that's OK. Sometimes it all comes together and flows nicely, and sometimes, well, it just plain doesn't. Yesterday instead of heading out for my planned long run, overcome by feeling of anxiousness, I got back into bed to cuddle with Sam, Ryan and Ronnie, who seemed to feel my unease and was doing his best to make me feel better by licking my face ;) I couldn't even get it together in time to go join the TMR group run over in Brunswick, so instead, a bit later in the morning, I put my spikes in my pocket and headed across the street. Listening to the bird call, a woodpecker tap, the river roar, enjoying the sun shining, the quiet woods, the one deer sighted, I smiled and relaxed, and realized this was just the run I needed. Was it the one on the plan? No, but it made me happy. (8.1 miles)








Ryan is still feeling under the weather, but it was too nice of a day to not get outside with Sam so late in the afternoon we ventured across the street for a walk on the powerlines. Lots of puddle stomping, mud squishing, slipping and sliding on the snow, postholing into icy cold water and laughing all the way. So grateful to get to enjoy walks and laughter and mud and wet feet with my girl 💖 (1.7 miles walked)







This morning, the long run was just not happening either. I'm calling it a temporary lull in motivation. I'll dust myself off and get back to the long run next weekend, but this morning, nope. Just didn't have it. Cold and windy out on the roads. Started out onto River Road but I was just not having it, so I turned around and meandered out through Topsham Heights instead before returning home. (9.0 miles)

No comments: