Saturday, November 3, 2018

Samantha Fun (And a Bit of Running)

This has been a busy week!

Wednesday was Halloween, and we hit the Topsham Fair Mall Halloween Parade with Anne and Thistle, as is tradition, all decked out in Star Wars costumes! The girls had a great time and collected a whole lot of candy in the process as well! We followed up the parade with dinner out with the Dostie clan and then called it a night. Happy Halloween! 🎃👻

Rae, Princess Leia and Chewie

Anne was rockin' some serious stilts!

Mazie the good witch joined in 😃


Later that evening, it started to rain and it basically has been raining constantly since then... and we are now at Saturday afternoon as of this writing! It has been one dreary week, for sure.

Looking at my Strava log, I realized I hit 1,800 miles for the year at the end of Tuesday's run, which is pretty cool. Running 2,000+ miles is another goal for the year so I am well on my way!

Wednesday it poured all day, but with the forecast I knew I wasn't going to escape running in the rain this week so on Thursday morning I went out and did some speed work on Highland Green Road in the dark in the rain. Gotta love November! 13x 60 seconds on/90 seconds off. If nothing else, it helps me work on my leg turnover. Still sniffly. (6.3 miles)

Friday morning, I headed out around 8:00 am so that even though I would be running in the rain, at least it would be in the light! It was a very squishy, sloppy, soggy run out on the trails in the Cathance. November is always a rough month with lack of sight and general dreariness, but there is some subtle beauty to be found if you're willing to take a close look. 😍 (6.2 miles)





After running around and doing errands, cleaning the house and going down to Portland for a Dr. Jamie visit to make sure things are as good as they can be for JFK, I headed back north to pick Sam up at school so that we could drive back down to Portland. Ah, gotta love Mom life 😂 Or maybe it's just my life 😆😆

In what was not your typical Friday night, Sam was part of the high five line for the players at the start of the game, sang the national anthem with her choral group, got on the Jumbotron cheering with the cheerleaders, high-fived a big lobster (several times), watched her friends on unicycle during the half time show and all around had so much fun!

There were a lot of Woodside kids and parents at the game, and the kids all did a great job! What a fun night!


Part of the high five line for the players

Watch till the end, so cute! 😍

This kid... 💕


High fives!




I had a video of the group singing the National Anthem but it is not uploading! Boo!

With the cheerleaders

On the Jumbotron! 

Watching their friends from WOW do the halftime show on their unicycles 😎


This morning I did what anyone would do on a Saturday morning while waiting for the sky to lighten so I could run in the rain and put my name in for the Western States lottery. Hey, I know my chances are slim but someone with 2 tickets is going to get in so why not try! 🤞 Then I went out for a few miles and stomped in the puddles! (5.2 miles) Honestly, it was kinda nasty out and there is a serious amount of water from this week's rain. The river is going to be running high tomorrow!!

Ryan took off for MA to pace Chris at Stonecat and Sam and I set out to check out one of the many craft fairs and have lunch 🍣🍣 before doing some shopping so that she could make some of the things in her new Super Squishies Slime and Putty book. Lots of messes today, including a balloon full of baking soda and condition exploding all over me 😂😆 but I love her enthusiasm and it's been perfect for a rainy Saturday!

Lunch date 💗

Slime 


Glitter milkshake, anyone?! 😃

I'll be finishing up the weekend with my last long run of the JFK training cycle tomorrow and am looking forward to running in some sunshine! 😎






No comments: