Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Last Few Taper Runs

Just a bit of catch-up here...

Tuesday it rained all day and I was more than happy to invoke the taper clause and not run in the cold November rain 😆 Wednesday, I got out in the morning for a short run around the block. Temps were in the low 20s and there was a lot of ice on the rocks along the powerlines and some nice deep, semi-frozen, leaf-covered puddles to tromp through on the trails. Brrrr! But a lovely glow in the sky. (4.1 miles)


I woke up Thursday to temps in the teens and said, no way. I was only working a half day, so I decided that after I got the house organized and things packed up after lunch I'd head out for my final taper run before meeting Sam off the bus for swimming. Of course, we were also keeping track of the weather and were realizing that the snow they were calling for overnight on Thursday night was most likely going to be a factor... Nothing like tapering, travel and weather to stress me out! 😁😁 Ack! A short run was most definitely needed! (3.0 miles)

And then, just like that, training was done and it was (almost) race time!

No comments: