Monday, November 26, 2018

Back At It and Right Into Winter!

After six days of travel, eating, drinking, hanging out with family and friends, relaxing, eating some more, taking some nice walks and exploring, and eating again 😂 it was time to get back to reality and back to running! OK, so I was planning to wait until Monday but I couldn't resist the beautiful weather on Saturday to get out on the trails! Plus, what's two days in the scheme of things? 😉 I headed out mid-morning for a run down to the river and back. There was a fair amount of snow on the ground with conditions being typical early winter variable so it was slow going and my legs were a bit sluggish after almost of a week off, but overall, things didn't feel too badly and it was a bright and beautiful cold morning to be out! (5.3 miles)

Snowy Heath

Roaring river

A few ice pancakes floating out on the river

 


After lunch while Ryan was out for his run, Sam and I headed over to the Cathance for the first snow walk of the season! It was nice to wander a bit farther out on the trail system and as always, it is a treat to share some time in the woods with Sam 💗 (1.6. miles walked)




Suspended mid-air!





Afternoon light




Lots of cool ice formations today!



Had to stop to make a snowman! ⛄

💖


Rain started overnight on Saturday, so we spent a lazy Sunday in our PJs, getting a few things done around the house and relaxing. Finally around 2:00 pm, the sky was lightening ever so slightly and it seemed to only be drizzling, so I got on my running gear and headed out the door. Very sloppy wet conditions on the powerlines and icy, slushy, wet conditions on the back dirt road, but there were a few easy pavement miles in between at least 😊😉 (5.0 miles)

Once I got back and got showered up, I went right back into my PJs. #winning #lazysunday

No comments: