Sunday, September 9, 2018

Weekend Running

Saturday morning, I got up and out early before Ryan headed over to the Brad to help mark the Bruiser course and get in his own run. I waited until the sky was beginning to ever so slightly lighten and then headed down Maine Street, crossed the green bridge and ran out to the bike path. Gotta get in some pavement miles for JFK training!

The roads and bike path were quiet, and the sky overcast. The miles clicked by fairly quickly and easily, and my road shoes were nice and cushiony ;) My watch beeped 5 miles just before the far end of the bike path, and I turned around and headed back. Took the route over the bypass bridge, which yields a nice long view out along the Androscoggin and then wound my way back up through town. My legs were feeling the pace (and the uphill on the return trip!) in the last few miles but overall really happy with how the run went. (10.0 miles)

Androsoggin view

The rest of the day was spent relaxing, which was a nice change of pace from the past few busy but fun weekends, although today more than made up for yesterday's relaxing ;) 

Up early (again) to get in a few miles before Ryan headed over to Bradbury for the Bruiser. It was only 45 degrees out, which felt heavenly after a hot and humid summer!! Ran out into the Cathance and enjoyed a mellow run along the river at first light. (6.0 miles)

Morning mist rising over the Heath

After a quick breakfast and shower, I woke Sam up and we headed over to Brad ourselves for the day, with a quick stop for a donut beforehand ;) It's always fun to catch up with friends while volunteering and to talk with people at the food table after the race and see how it all went! Lots of falls today despite nice dry trails, but it was a glorious day for a trail race!! Sam spent the day running around with Elise and Jenn's kiddos. I love that she, and all her friends, are at the age that we can let them run off and entertain themselves during these races!! And it is so much fun watching them all together :) We didn't get home until around 2:00 pm after all the clean-up so we are all a bit tired out, but all in all it was a great day and a great way to wrap up the dirt series!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JFK!!!!!!!!!

Ann

Sparkplug said...

Ann, yes, that's the fall goal race :) Different than most of the races I choose so I am looking forward to it, and hopefully my legs won't hate me after 26 miles on the C&O Canal Path! Good to see you yesterday, even if just briefly :)