Sunday, December 3, 2017

This Week’s Adventures

The miles are a bit more hard fought when it's 18 degrees out and dark, like it was on Tuesday morning, oh, and there are two bridges out along your route! 😬


There is a fine line between being brave and stupid/reckless, but I didn't fall, so I'm going to say it all worked out fine ;) Besides, there's nothing like some steel beam crossings in the dark to keep things interesting!! Thankfully the rest of the run was quiet and uneventful, with one porcupine seen and some lovely (very) early morning light on the horizon. (5.1 miles)



Wednesday morning, I didn't quite get up and out, so instead I snuck in a few miles in the afternoon before taking Sam to swimming. It was a blustery, warm afternoon with a few raindrops falling and some gorgeous late afternoon light seen across the blueberry fields. My legs were a bit heavy from sitting all day and starting out without any sort of stretching or exercises, but glad to have had the chance to have gotten in a few miles! (4.4 miles)


Friday, I met up with Keri and Val at the Brad for a few morning miles. It was an overcast but very balmy first day of December and we had a good run looping out on the new trail up past Lawrence Road and catching up along the way. Always good to run with friends! (8.1 miles)





Ryan and I spent Saturday crewing and cheering on our Trail Mondter friends at the TARC Fells Race. I said I’d never go back to race but being there as spectator and crew was fun :)



Around 1:00, I headed out for a loop of the course. I’d love to run some other trails in the reservation but I don’t know my way around and there are so many intersecting trails, I’d probably get lost for days ;) So following the white blazes it was! I took my time and meandered at a slow pace, cheering on runners, stopping to talk to Carolyn and Samantha at the midway aid station, hiking the hills and taking in the views. Feeling fairly decent but one lap of the Skyline Trail was more than enough for me! (7.8 miles)




Congrats to everyone for some great races, especially Emily for her speedy 40 and Ian too!!

While we were out, Sam helped Dana and Irene decorate their tree and then after dinner, we drove around to enjoy some of the Christmas lights, including one crazy house that had some serious lights up! Wow!!







Of course, there was also Sam throwing up randomly in the middle of the night on Friday night all over Dana and Irene's wool rug to keep things interesting and real, but you know, we wouldn't want things to get too boring 😂😁  Thankfully, she was fine otherwise!! But still...

In any event, it was a fun week overall! And because the yearly "which word do you use most" posts are coming out on Facebook, I joined in on the fun and this is what came up. I'd say it's just about right :) And I do so like that "crazy" is right next to "friends," because after all, who wants normal friends?! ;)



No comments: