Thursday, December 7, 2017

Rough Start to the Week

Well, apparently, Sam must have had some sort of bug over the weekend that caused that wonderful pile of throw-up on Irene and Dana's carpet on Friday night, as both Ryan and Dana started to feel badly on Sunday, although thankfully they both just got stuck with nausea, Irene got sick on Monday and by the middle of the night on Monday, I wasn't feeling so hot myself.

Of course, Tuesday I was scheduled to be in Portland all day for a conference for work, so even though I felt horrible, I decided to go anyway. I'm stubborn like that, and honestly I thought I'd snap out of it. And then, with about 15 minutes left in the breakfast/keynote speaker presentation, I realized I had better get to the bathroom pronto. And yes, indeed, I did throw up in the bathroom of a hotel at a conference. Yay me. Gah. Not what I had planned for the day for sure. Needless to say, I went home and spent the rest of the day on the couch.

Thankfully, the conference episode rid me of whatever ailed me, and after an afternoon of rest and a bit of food, I felt well enough to go to work on Wednesday, although I was still pretty tired and my stomach didn't want its typical fare. But I was feeling good enough last night to lay out my clothes for a run this morning.

My legs apparently didn't appreciate the unplanned four day break from running and the lack of calories the past few days though. Ha. This morning's run was a bit creaky but it sure did feel good to get out! Got in a shortened tour of the cart paths in the dark, bypassing the bridges that were out this time around ;) (5.1 miles)

No comments: