Friday, December 8, 2017

Friday

I'm always thankful to have my Fridays to get things done, especially at this time of year when it seems like the to do list is a whole lot longer and things are a bit more harried. I managed to cross a number of things off my to do list today along with getting in a run and a good massage by my friend Lauren, which I really needed! Lots of knots and tights spots found today! Yes, these are "me" things but they are just as important, if not more important than getting the laundry done and the house cleaned. Good thing, as I ran out of time for the house cleaning ;)

Ryan took Sam to Amber's so I was able to get out the door around 7:45 am. I so appreciate being able to get in a daylight morning run and decided to head into the Cathance to enjoy the snowfree trails while I had the chance! Who knows if the forecast for Saturday will be right but if it is, it sounds like we will get enough snow to make the woods white!

Lots of water out in the woods today and not just flowing in the river! The ground is pretty saturated at the moment, with lots of puddles and enough moisture in the ground to start patches of hoar frost, and the river is running quite high from all the runoff. There was a thin layer of ice atop the waters of the Heath but otherwise, there was no other ice to be found. As I was keeping things nice and mellow today, I stopped often for photos and to take in the views. Very lovely out there today! (7.1 miles)







No comments: