Friday, December 22, 2017

Craziness

Work is always extra busy at this time of year. There is a lot of running around making sure all of our clients get Christmas gifts, there are year-end donations coming in to record and piles of thank you notes to address and mail, people and organizations come in here there and everywhere, gracing us with donations, we had our staff party on Wednesday and an evening service in remembrance of the homeless in our community on Thursday night... it is all good stuff but phew! By the time I got home after the service on Thursday night, I was exhausted, and extra thankful that Thursday is the end of my work week and the start of an extra long weekend this week due to Christmas!

I have also been feeling a little low on running motivation this week and I think the former and the latter are probably at least partially connected... in any event, I took Monday as a planned day off but then on Tuesday I just could not get up and out the door. After Monday's snow, I knew things would messy on the roads and I am just not quite ready for snowshoeing yet ;) So, I tortured myself on the indoor track in the late afternoon during swim practice. 13 laps to a mile. Gah. Got in 52 laps for 4 miles. I couldn't do this all the time but with a podcast going it wasn't horrible and it is at least a viable option if a run is needed.

Wednesday was another morning of sleeping in even though I had intended to run. Thursday I did manage to get up and out. There are only so many zero days one can take if the miles are going to get run! It was cold, dark and windy. I wore my screwshoes and went up and over Mt. A. in the partially tracked snow to Highland Green to run the road loop and then retraced my steps and finished up the run with a little extra road running near the high school. (6.1 miles). I decided I needed to wear the cool socks my mom had gotten me for Christmas so that I could power through the rest of the day ;)

#girlpower

Today I was lucky enough to have the chance to meet up with Val and Keri over at Bradbury for a run in the woods! It was good to catch up, and we got in some nice miles on the singletrack that had been oh so nicely packed by the fat bikers. Delightful! (5.3 miles)

While a portion of our reason for getting together was of course to run, it might have been even more important that we got over to Edna & Lucy's for our last lunch there ever, as they are closing their doors after 9 years :( So sad. We will miss them so. Such a great place for food and conversation and gathering, and so many good memories!

Happy runners

Sweet packed singletrack

I had gone to Target and the grocery store before our run, which while wise was also a bit crazy as there were an insane amount of people out shopping at 7:30 am on a Friday morning! I guess the combo of the holidays and the snow falling as I write is the reason. I thought I might not get to the park in time, it was so busy!

After lunch, I headed home to do a quick house clean and then tackle the wrapping of Sam's presents. Gigi thought I needed some help ;) Tomorrow we'll wrap up the wrapping for the rest of the family and enjoy a quiet day indoors, as it sounds like it is going to be quite nasty out there! I'm still planning to sneak out for a run, but I'm guessing it's going to be a messy one indeed!

What?! I'm helping ;)





No comments: